- Medical Expenses and Hospitalization abroad:
- In the event of illness or injury of the insured occurring outside the Usual Country of Residence, The Insurer will pay the usual, customary, necessary and reasonable costs of hospitalization, surgery, medical fees and pharmaceutical products, prescribed by the attending doctor.
This cover is subject to a limit 50,000/150,000 USD during policy period.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation:
- In the event of an accident or sudden illness, that is not pre-existing and which is acute, the Company will take charge of transferring the Insured to a properly equipped health centre or repatriating to his/her usual country of residence.
Approval and arrangements shall be taken from the Assistance Company
This cover is subject to a limit provided by the referred plan
- Emergency Dental Care:
- If and when found necessary, the company will provide the insured party with the dental assistance required aboard, this coverage is restricted to the treatment of pain, infection and removal of tooth/teeth affected with a limit up to 1,000 USD for Gold program and 750 USD for Silver and Schengen Programs.
This Coverage is Subject to 50 USD deductible per claim
- Repatriation of a family member travelling with the insured:
- Should the Insured be hospitalized due to a sudden illness or accident for more than ten days or deceased, the company will meet the cost of repatriating one immediate family member accompanying the insured at the moment of the event, to his usual place of resident, when the latter is placed in the same country of residence of the insured. This benefit is only covered in the Gold program and up to 10,000 USD.
- Escort of dependent child:
- The assistance Company will provide a suitable person to look after any child under the age of 16 who was traveling with the beneficiary at the time of illness and/or accident during the trip to the hospital where the former is hospitalized, or to the usual residence in the country of origin, Whenever there were no other person who could take charge of him/her.
- Repatriation of mortal remains:
- In the event of the death of the Insured, The Assistance Company will make the necessary arrangements for the return of the Insured’s remains to the Insured’s country of residence and the Company will meet the cost of the transfer expenses to the place of interment, cremation or funeral ceremony at his/her usual country of residence. Payment of expenses for interment, cremation or funeral ceremony is excluded from this guarantee.
- Loss of passport:
- In case of loss the insured’s passport while abroad, the company will take charge of the expenses of the replacements necessary for obtaining a new passport or equivalent consular document with a limit up to 500 USD for Gold program and 300 USD for Silver and Schengen programs.
- Compensation for each in-flight loss of checked -in baggage:
- The Company will supplement the compensation for which the carrier is liable up to a limit provided by the selected Plan, as a sum of both compensation payments, for the collection of baggage and possessions checked in by each Insured, in the event of loss during the carriage by air performed by the carrier company, for the purpose of which the Insured shall furnish a list of the contents including the estimated price and date of purchase of each item, as well as the settlement of the compensation payment by the carrier. Compensation payment for loss will be calculated according to the procedures recommended by international carriage by air organisations.
The minimum period of time that must elapse for the baggage to be considered to have been lost once and for all will be that stipulated by the carrier company shall not be less than 21 days.
This cover is subject to a limit up to 750 USD for gold program and 500 USD for silver and Schengen programs.
Money, jewellery, debit/credit cards, cheques and any type of document are excluded from this guarantee.
- Compensation for delay in the arrival of luggage:
- In the event of a delay of more than 4 hours in delivering the baggage checked in, since the arrival of the flight on an IATA Member Airline, the Company will cover up to a limit specified by the selected plan for each Insured person, to purchase prime necessity items (those that are indispensable while the Insured awaits the arrival of the delayed baggage), provided that the relevant original copies of the invoices are furnished.
This cover is subject to a limit up to 500 USD for gold program and 300 USD for silver and Schengen programs.
All such claims shall be accompanied by documents duly certified by the Airline attesting to the occurrence of the event.
- Delay departure:
- The company will cover the cost of the additional expenses, as a result of the delay at least 8 hours and such payment will be made on presentation of the relevant origin invoices up to 500 USD for Gold program and 300USD for silver and Schengen Programs.
- Location and forwarding of personal effects:
- The Company will furnish the Insured with advice on reporting the robbery or loss of his/her baggage and personal possessions, and will collaborate in arrangements for locating them.
In the event that the aforesaid possessions should be recovered, the Company will take charge of forwarding them to the place of the trip planned by the Insured or to his/her usual country of residence.
In this event, the Insured is under an obligation to return the compensation received for the loss in accordance with this policy.
- Trip Cancellation:
- Insurers shall indemnify the Insured Person in respect of all irrecoverable deposits, advance payments and other charges paid or due to be paid for travel and/or accommodation up to a maximum up to USD 1,000 for GOLD program and USD 500 for Silver and Schengen programs, in the event of the Insured Person's Covered Trip being necessarily cancelled or curtailed due to many reasons as per the original policy.
The Insured shall furnish the evidence, documents or certificates of the event, which caused the journey to be cancelled.
- Excluding any case which has not been approved by the emergency call center number 00962 6 5008119.
- Exclude country of resident and/ or origin.
- Maximum stay in any one country shall not exceed 92 consecutive days each travel.
- This Policy is non-refundable and non-cancelable.
- All losses, delays, and trip cancelations must be followed by a proven financial loss.
- Premium Surcharge considering the Insured’s Age:
- Children up to 18 years old, will pay 65 % of the premium.
- For persons aged between 66 and 75 years, increase of 50%.
- For persons aged between 76 and 85years, increase of 100%.
- In order to qualify as group travelers, it is essential for all members of the group to be traveling to the location on the same date of departure and arrival. Tickets are to be issued from the same source under the same conditions.
- Family Plan Insured: The persons whose names appear in the Family Plan policy certificate as insured, spouse and his/her children (up to four children) with respect to whom the premium has been paid before his/her travel and who is a permanent resident of the country where the policy was issued.
- A special travel product could be sold for the GCC, Lebanon, Syria and Egypt with the same Benefits and limits in the usual products, Subject to policies being sold on individual basis, and according to the following periods and premiums.
- Subject always to gig | Arab Orient Insurance Company standard policy & endorsement.
HOW THE INSURED SHOULD APPLY FOR ASSISTANCE?
Since the appearance of an event that could be included in any of the guarantees described previously, the beneficiary or any person acting in his place will necessarily contact, in the shortest possible time, in every case, the Alarm Centre mentioned below, which will be available to help any person 24h/24 7d/7.